Thread: New Show
View Single Post
Anonymous43209

Default Feb 01, 2019 at 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
I watched the 2nd episode and once again it seemed to be all about her alters.It seems strange to me that they come out on camera like they do and state their names.DID is a hidden disorder meant for survival and coming out publicly seems to go against that.How can her system feel safe knowing the world is going to be watching?

She also purposely switched before going to talk to her mom.She decided which alter would be best for the job and made herself switch.How unlikely is that?How convenient is that?

There was also a conversation she had with her mom.Her mom said she had joined some online groups and asked some questions and was told she needs to get to know her daughters alters,acknowledge each of them and call them by their names. What? That's such a bad idea and bad advice.Helping someone with DID isn't about getting to know their alters and interacting with them,that would be called enabling them I think.

And how realistic is it that she has told all her friends about DID and they sit and have conversations about it.I know some people do tell others they have it but.....

but nevermind.I could go on and on about the show but what it boils down to is I worry that people with DID will watch the show and try to imitate some of the things they see on there and cause more problems or even put themselves in danger.

Everything in this persons life should be the same as it was before she was diagnosed with the only difference being she knows what's going on with her now.The things she does,her behavior,the way she parents,the way she interacts with friends and family,everything,should still be the same.But it's made to look as if her life just began after her diagnosis,like all the things she struggles with just began with the diagnosis.If she was a good mother before she should be now too,if she managed to drive and do everything she did before it should be the same now.I haven't heard or seen anything about that though instead it looks like navigating life with DID,after knowing what it is,suddenly changes everything.

I could say so much more but I won't.I am not going to continue watching the show because the BS factor is too high for me.
Bingo!!! My mom who worked with and specialized in DID for over 30 years called this show a "complete load of *******"
SO many things that do not make sense and are from our perspective manufactured.
And that ridiculous "twilight zone-y" effect when she "comes back"?? Really??
Im not saying she is or isnt but this show has the potential to do way more damage than good.
As quoted the BS factor is too high...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
amandalouise, MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896

Thanks for this!
amandalouise, Betty_Banana, MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896