Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
74.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 01, 2019 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2.0 View Post
To be honest about it, I had a hard time tracking the last round of responses to your posts and what was "wrong" about them. I have read your writeups eagerly and with interest but have stopped responding because I didn't feel my comments were helpful to you, or necessarily welcomed. This is my issue to deal with, not yours.

I do think that being able to accept what others offer you, even if it isn't delivered via the precise script that you want, is a skill that can be valuable in developing deeper social connections. Whether it is a useful skill to you, I don't know. I think in general most of us could make a greater effort to appreciate feedback and be less defensive about it, myself included.

Thanks, Anne--I think it was partly that people started kind of debating with each other about my post and that became a lot to deal with. Or someone was saying I just shouldn't email. Which is why I was afraid to post about this session, because I didn't want a bunch of people being like "I told you so!" about the emails. Because the thing is, it is something he allows (even if it hit the point he'd charge me for them, it's still allowed), it's something I tend to find helpful. So for multiple people to post "don't email him," that's not something I find helpful. Or if someone says "You should find a different T." Because I get a lot out of working with him.

To clarify, I'm not referring to your posts, Anne. You've made a few posts that have really made me think. And others have done so as well. It's just that I don't like if someone is saying the way I handle the therapeutic relationship is wrong or I'm too needy or my T is a jerk or something. That's the stuff I don't find to be helpful. If it's like "Hm, how does this connect to other people in your life," for example, like am I reenacting something? Stuff like that can really help.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
NP_Complete, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, weaverbeaver