View Single Post
guilloche
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 01, 2019 at 07:32 PM

Koru_Kiwi, no rush to respond. (Since I'm posting again, I didn't want it to look like things are "piling up" and you need to respond - I just enjoy being able to share this stuff, and having a place to sort of share and process it.)

I tired CZ last night (rewarding 11.5 - 14.5). It was definitely "less bad" - but I still didn't really feel *good* when it was done. This is the first time that I noticed having a reaction while actually doing the training though - and I didn't like it. About 3/4 of the way through, I felt... tired, like I wanted to close my eyes or put my head down. My head felt heavy and not right, and weirdly, I briefly had a weird tickle under the electrode on top of my head (!).

It was also the first time that the training felt like it just dragged on for too long (it was only 21 minutes, the same as the first 2 trainings). The first 2 went by super fast - I was surprised when they ended, but this one... I really wanted to quit by around minute 17 or so! And the last minute... I was just so ready to be done... I actually had to talk myself through it ("Just one more minute, hang in there, you can unplug soon!")

I got to do a phone call check in with my trainer tonight. It was very brief, but helpful to actually *talk* rather than chat online. He said he was surprised, and thinks that I'm just *super* sensitive to this stuff, because apparently most people don't notice any changes until they're a couple sessions in.

So, he's given me 3 new, shorter protocols to try. He said to just try them and see if I notice anything. He thinks that until we figure out what works for me, shorter will be better, which I agree with. And he hopes one of them will click with me and make me feel really noticeably *good*, and that will give him info on how to train me and where to go next.

So, I'm actually kind of excited to try my next couple protocols. A little nervous too, but excited to see how they go.

It's weird, b/c part of me worries that it's something psychological getting in the way (i.e. making me feel sick after the training). But I don't think so - I didn't expect that at all (and actually enjoyed the first two, other than feeling sick after). With that 3rd one, that went so terribly, I was *expecting* to feel awesome. I thought for sure that would be it - that I'd be blissful and relaxed and feel great!

So, fingers crossed. Right now, it's been a really stressful week and I've ended up eating way too much sugar to cope, and am practically *shaking* with sugar now, which isn't going to help my training, sleep, or ability to be not anxious. So I'm going to rest up tonight, trying to get myself organized for the weekend, and probably try the next one tomorrow...

Like I said, absolutely no worries/pressure to respond. I just feel better being able to sort of process it here. And, maybe one day it will end up useful to someone else.

Thanks!
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi