View Single Post
Ididitmyway
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2011
128 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 01, 2019 at 10:07 PM

Yes, it'd help me to talk to other victims of my two abusive therapists.

I wouldn't see anything wrong with contacting them if I knew whom to contact. If they didn't want to talk I would respect that, but I don't believe that a simple contact, introduction and explanation from me would hurt anyone. I definitely wouldn't be hurt if anyone contacted me about this, even if I didn't want to talk. Yes, people have the right to privacy, and, as I said, if they clearly indicated that they needed to be left alone, I'd respect that. But not everyone has that need. It's quite possible that some of them would also want to connect to other victims and, like me, just don't know how. There is only one way to find out and that is to make the first contact if you know whom to contact. In fact, every single victim who told me their story said that they would love to talk to other victims of the same therapist. So, this desire is quite common.

But, I think, I wanted to connect much more in the aftermath of what happened than I do now. Now, I don't feel like trauma from that particular experience is operating within me as strongly as it was in the beginning. Some healing definitely took place, but not only that. To me the whole thing has much more to do with the whole profession and how it conducts its business than with this or that particular therapist who ****ed up. There is a lot of trauma left around having been hurt by the entire profession, that for sure, but not around the guy who screwed up. I think, it'd be interesting to talk to someone who was hurt by him in the similar way, but it's not important to me any more. I feel I've reached a closure on that experience and don't have the need to process it anymore. It was just a "thing" in my life that pointed out some of my life long issues I'd had before it happened and still have. These are the things I concentrate on, not the guy(s) who happened to appear on my life path to cause the destruction that ultimately woke me up, in a traumatic way, but still woke me up.

Bernie Sanders/Tulsi Gabbard 2020
Ididitmyway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
precaryous

Thanks for this!
precaryous, Sheffield