View Single Post
BonsaiGuy

BonsaiGuy is loving life!

5 yr Member
193 hugs
given
Default Feb 02, 2019 at 11:11 AM

Hello, everyone!

I believe that the title is pretty self explanatory, but I want to expand on the motivation and the purpose of this challenge. I want this to be crystal clear to both observers and participants (if anyone else would like to join me).

Benefits & Purpose: I have heard about the mental benefits of meditation for years. Part of this challenge is to verify these claims and to see if it's something that would be worthwhile to add as a permanent element to a daily routine in the future as a relaxation technique. Also, for me, I have been having serious issues with shallow breathing/ sub-consciously holding my breath and this has been seriously distressing and has been making me very frustrated. What I have read is that mediation can potentially help with this.

Motivation: Again, pretty self explanatory, but on this forum I have always seen significant encouragement with any self improvement effort. I not only would like this encouragement for myself, but also for any member who would like to take the plunge with me. You can share your experiences here or keep them to yourself. I will be sharing my experiences everyday and I hope that they are encouraging and inspirational.

I would like to start this 30-Day challenge on Monday, February 4th.

Let everyone know if you would like to participate. Community encouragement is awesome!

Thanks everyone and good luck!

Dx: Bi-Polar II, PTSD, ADHD, SUD
Rx: Methadone 100mg, Lamictal 300mg, Abilify 10mg, Buspar 40mg, Clonadine 0.3mg, Trazodone 50mg, Nexium 20mg, Allegra 180mg
BonsaiGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote