Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Feb 02, 2019 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypk16 View Post
Haven't been "depressed" for 2 years, and the last and only time I've been it only lasted a week. I thought of going to therapy, but at this moment it's kinda difficult. Thanks for your answer!

I noticed you put the word depressed in quotes. I don't know what you think of when you consider the word depression. In my case, my mind tends to automatically go to the idea of staying in bed all day with one's head under the covers. But there's more to depression than that. Men in particular tend to act differently when they're depressed. I tend to score high on tests for depression. But I get out of bed every day, get cleaned up, & do whatever I need to do. Sometimes I do even more than I needed to. Here are links to 3 articles, from PC's archives, that (hopefully) may help to shed some light on this subject. The first is by DocJohn:

Am I Depressed or Just Lazy?

The 'Weakness Factor': Men and Depression

Men and Depression: How Male Depression Really IS Different | What is TMS?

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky