View Single Post
dannypk16

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Feb 02, 2019 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
I noticed you put the word depressed in quotes. I don't know what you think of when you consider the word depression. In my case, my mind tends to automatically go to the idea of staying in bed all day with one's head under the covers. But there's more to depression than that. Men in particular tend to act differently when they're depressed. I tend to score high on tests for depression. But I get out of bed every day, get cleaned up, & do whatever I need to do. Sometimes I do even more than I needed to. Here are links to 3 articles, from PC's archives, that (hopefully) may help to shed some light on this subject. The first is by DocJohn:

Am I Depressed or Just Lazy?

The 'Weakness Factor': Men and Depression

Men and Depression: How Male Depression Really IS Different | What is TMS?
My idea of depression is lack of motivation, loss of interest in things you like and enjoy, [severe] sadness, and other symptoms that may vary depending on your situation and the things that caused your depression. And I did put the word in quotes because I don't think I was really depressed, at least no based on what I said before, but I don't find any other word to describe it better than depression. Also, the fact of only lasting one week makes me think it wasn't depression. Nowadays I rarely feel sadness at all, so I don't either feel depression, and if I suffer some symptoms of depression it may be for other reasons (such as, for example, a mental disorder).
dannypk16 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky