Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison

Member Since Apr 2013
4,168 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 02, 2019 at 04:44 PM

One of my favorite thrift stories is..
Last year, I found myself in a precarious predicament with two of my sons with winter coats. I had washed them and bagged them the previous year and put them away to start the winter season. During the after Christmas sales is when I would typically try to catch some markdowns. Anyways.
Apparently they were not completely dry. And were very ruined and unsalvageable. It was getting cold. And never mind prices, I couldn't even find something for them. I was on a tighter budget as we were weeks away from a trip out West to my dad's wedding. I went to one, found some that were just ok nothing major name brandwise but the place was only accepting cash or a certain card logo that I didn't have. I put on hold but instead of returning I thought about trying savers. Obermeyer and Columbia were what I came home with. Apparently Obermeyer is a big name ski brand. Columbia is stating the obvious. The Obermeyer was missing a hood that would naturally come off as it is. The Columbia has someone else's last name and an ever slight tear. I think I paid less than $20 that day.
I have an LLBean wool coat and Michael Kors leather from consignment.
I have no qualms backfilling wardrobes with thrift. None whatsoever.
healingme4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote