Poohbah
Lrad123 has no updates.

5 yr Member
372 hugs
given
Default Feb 03, 2019 at 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Or T's taking something away, like email. Or someone on the forum whose T still lets her email but he won't respond." T: "That doesn't seem right to me. I feel that if I offer something in the beginning, like replying to emails, then I should continue to do that." Me: "I appreciate that. Or if it was a case where you didn't think email was helpful to me, we'd discuss it and come up with a solution together instead of you deciding on it.".
This session with your T was particularly interesting for me to read given my history of emails with my T. I suppose our situations are different and clearly our T’s practice differently. I do very much like your T and the way you discuss things. I’m still going back & forth on how I feel about having email responses rescinded. I do think he’s kind and good, and perhaps his reasons for that should be good enough. Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren’t. I think our relationship has pivoted, possibly in a good way, with my being able to bring more into sessions rather than keeping our relationship in emails. But I do go back to feeling upset about it from time to time because it’s hard when I remember that I used to get replies, but now I don’t, no matter what (except for scheduling). And reading your discussion with your T about all this sort of stirs it all up for me and makes me realize I’m not quite over it yet. So thanks for making me think.
Lrad123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, Waterloo12345

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, LonesomeTonight