View Single Post
NeedHaldol

Member Since Jun 2017
Default Feb 04, 2019 at 05:32 PM

When I first had a psychotic break (that I could classify as - I've had a bunch of paranoia episodes and hallucinations through my life) I was in the hospital for 10 days. They diagnosed me as bipolar and polysubstance abuser. The stay was a comfort to me because I was so scared - also it put a name and a reason for my breaks and all that goes with them. In felt that I could possibly get a little better knowing what I was fighting against.

I have had about 5 more hospitalizations, none of which lasted more than a week. One stay I got paranoid and starting yelling a nurse/worker/whatever. They restrained me and gave me the option to take haldol on my own or they would inject me. That only made me more scared.

The last time I was in the hospital it was the date we were supposed to get married. We ended up later just going to the justice of the peace with our parents.

One time I just signed myself out and had to fill out an against medical advice form.

The wing was locked down. They had group all day long. The highlights of the day were the meals. It used to be cigarette breaks, but eventually stopped letting us smoke.

It was different every time dependent on how bad off I was.

Later I found out that I had been misdiagnosed and was in fact Schizoaffective.
NeedHaldol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
cptsdwhoa