View Single Post
BonsaiGuy

Member Since Jan 2019
193 hugs
given
Default Feb 05, 2019 at 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplodingSun56 View Post
Why should I forgive anyone who talks down about people with self destructive behavior? Why should I be friends with someone who criticizes people who are suicidal? I don't like the way people talk about certain people and how they look down on them with that pissed off look. People disgust me with the things they say. They're really pissing me off. Why should I have to make up with these sort of people? I don't think I want these types of people in my life because I can't stand them and the things they say. I want to destroy that look on thier face because I can't stand it. **** you. You disgust me. I don't like your tone or that look. Just had to vent here. I'm really really angry.

It sounds like you are really hurting. In that sense your anger may certainly be justified. I have many significant examples of being angry due to the beliefs, statements, and actions of others. Sometimes these observations or social infractions may be enough to create a real anger and rage in my heart.

One thing that has helped me with this aspect of deviant social behavior is to take a moment and and center yourself with mindfulness and positive affirmations. Thank the almighty that you are who you are and that you're not them (this may be selfish or condescending but I have found it to help to a degree). Once this realization is established, concentrate on your breath. Think about the reality of who you are and distance yourself from that trigger (both mentally and physically).

In reality, your anger is donating a lot of time and mental space to those "disgusting people". For me, I will donate my mental space for sometimes more than a day and it accomplishes nothing! I keep cycling their infractions over and over in my head and it never helps anything but to make me even more angry. The core of my advice is this... Remove the parallel comparison between you and them, relax, practice mindfulness and focus on your breath, back up your reality with positive affirmations, and last but not least; love yourself.

Dx: Bi-Polar II, PTSD, ADHD, SUD
Rx: Methadone 100mg, Lamictal 300mg, Abilify 10mg, Buspar 40mg, Clonadine 0.3mg, Trazodone 50mg, Nexium 20mg, Allegra 180mg
BonsaiGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear