View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 05, 2019 at 06:50 PM

Given that you struggle with Autism Spectrum challenges, your parent's fighting can cause you to feel very aggitated and feeling a strong desire to stop the kind of disruptive environment they are creating. Individuals with your challenge tend to be extra sensitive which makes these challenges more difficult to handle. I am wondering if perhaps your father, maybe even your mother may also have Autism Spectrum challenges so this creates the conflict you are witnessing between your parents. This does happen as children can inherit certain conditions from a parent. For example my husband has dyslexia and so does my daughter, they tend to think differently than me and that can be challenging for me in that they both can have short fuses.

Given that you are more sensitive, the sound they make can affect you adversely as well, perhaps get some quality ear plugs to wear around them, set up your bedroom where it's as sound proof as possible and perhaps find soothing things that you can turn on that drown out their sounds when they argue. Your mother has shown you that when you try to help her it can make her get worse, so distance from her instead and either go outside or to your room where you can play music or sound recordings that are more calming for you. Don't choose to throw things, especially not sharp things, instead learn how to get away from them as I have mentioned.

Last edited by Open Eyes; Feb 05, 2019 at 07:21 PM..
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady

Thanks for this!
hEALerCOol