Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
1,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 06, 2019 at 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ididitmyway View Post
That is why people like yourself are still suffering with no professional help available. Because no one gives a **** about you and me and many others who were harmed.

When we try to see subsequent therapists, they could be good and well-meaning people, they validate what happened to us, they hold the ex-T fully responsible, but they still don't know a damn thing about this type of abuse and they don't know how to work with it because no one has taught them, because their training doesn't include this type of trauma. And, frankly, how can any training include this information unless the entire profession summons the courage to address the systemic issues it has? But they don't want to do it because it's very scary. Just like no system wants to disrupt its status quo because many people in it feel quite comfortable with where they are.

So, to answer your question what do we do to heal? Nobody knows. Nobody cares. And so each one of us is struggling to pave our own path to healing. I can only share what has helped me on my path and everybody else can do the same if they choose to. At this time, it seems like this is the only thing we can do.

unfortunately, there is much truth in this.

but, OP, it does not mean that all is hopeless. like IDIMY said there are ways to heal from this, but we each have to find what works best for us
koru_kiwi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ, Out There