Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2011
1,308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 06, 2019 at 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifelongLoner View Post
I have so many self-help books. I try to read them but get triggered and often upset when doing so. It takes me a very long time to process them. For some reason, I am very slow to process the information and it's often emotionally painful. Sometimes reading self-help books makes me depressed. Some books will get me triggered and upset after only reading a few paragraphs. Consequently, I don't have a good record with them.

I am currently suffering from insomnia. I was having bad dreams - they are a symptom of C-PTSD. So here I am at 4 A.M. after having tossed and turned in bed for an hour. I know that I will get up and go to work tomorrow despite how tired and depressed I am. Work is not going well. People are giving me a hard time. I need the job because I need the health insurance. If I lose it, I will not be able to afford my heart medications. Currently, since I don't tolerate statins, I take an injectable medication that costs $300 per dose. I work hard but people don't like me. It's the story of my life.
don't worry about reading the self-help books then. maybe just try to give yourself what you need. eg like saying hi to yourself or hugging yourself. sounds like an odd thing to do but it couldn't hurt to try. in case this might help, you never know what pain or sadness someone might be going through and a kind gesture from you could mean the world to them. i used to be very insecure about how people felt about me because i did not have a strong base either. i was so empty inside. but i have realized you can't control how others act, i can only control my own actions. so i just try to be nice. sorry, i think i sound like a self-help book... i hope you will be able to get some sleep soon. ((hugs))
TerryL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
LifelongLoner