View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Feb 06, 2019 at 05:59 PM

Hello AquaRose: I see this is your first post here on PC. So... welcome to Psych Central.

You asked if you are lesbian. Personally I don't think that's a question anyone but you can answer. Some of what you wrote, in your post, suggests to me that this may be a possibility. But concerns related to sexual orientation can sometimes be confusing... not for everyone... but for some people.

You referred to some experiences you had when you were in high school. So I take it you're not in high school now. But I presume you're still perhaps pretty young? You mentioned you've come to the realization for a couple of months that you're more comfortable around women than men & that you see your future with a woman. That sounds fairly conclusive. But then since it's apparently only been a couple of months, it's possible things could still change?

It's possible that, as time passes, your questions regarding your sexual orientation may simply solidify in your mind on their own. But, if not, perhaps the thing to do would be to explore this with the help of a therapist who has experience working with clients who have sexual orientation concerns. Sometimes one just needs to talk these things through with someone. If there is a LGBTQ center where you live, that might be another place you could try going in order to see how you feel you fit in.

Anyway, these are my thoughts with regard to your post. There is an LGBTQ social group here on PC you could join. I don't know how active it is. But it might be worth checking out. Here's a link:

https://forums.psychcentral.com/lgbtq/

I hope you find PC to be of benefit.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, Travelinglady