View Single Post
kimberlym

Member Since Jan 2019
Default Feb 07, 2019 at 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessIsMyFriend View Post
I would say see if your local library offers a free Lynda.com subscription. If you want to learn programming, or brush up your other IT skills, that is a good place to start. If you can't get Lynda.com for free, it's more than worth the $30 per month.

If you can't get Lynda.com for free and you can't afford the monthly fee, either see if there are any tech meetups in your area where you can learn new skills and network with people, or learn from codeacademy.

Fact is, you can become a good coder or programmer without college. You can self teach yourself for free. It is entirely possible to get a job if you're self taught as a programmer. I know one person, for example, who got a job as a software engineer without a formal education. He taught himself everything he knew about programming and was able to prove to the hiring managers that he knew his stuff by taking their tests. Guess what? Two years later, he's making a 6 figure salary.

So it's possible to learn on your own. You just got to believe in yourself
It's funny you should say that because Linda.com has been my go-to for education. Once my college credentials were "offed", I was looking for my local library to support...
kimberlym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote