View Single Post
NeedHelp104

Member Since May 2017
11 hugs
given
Default Feb 07, 2019 at 02:14 PM

Hi everyone.

I recently begun a medical program, and needless to say...It isn't what I thought it would be. I hate it. I can't stand it and cannot see myself doing this for my entire life. I have aced everything so far and have done well, I have one year left in this program and I just do not like it at all. My parents are pissed off I want to quit, I have made some friends along the way, and I would feel like a failure if I quit. I feel as though everyone will look down on me. My parents were not thrilled with how I want to quit. They lashed out on me and act like I did this on purpose. I don't know. I want the courage to withdraw myself, but I feel as though my program director and classmates will look down on me. I feel as though I will lose most of my support group, and even some family members who hope I will fail will be proud to see me withdraw.

Something I have realized also is that I just don't have the same interests as most people and it bothers me. I do find it difficult to get involved in extracurriculars, or doing things, but most of what I do is work and study and nothing else. I see everyone else (my classmates) have some sort of life, but I don't have any and it is my fault.
NeedHelp104 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Bill3, MickeyCheeky, Skeezyks