View Single Post
NeedHelp104

Member Since May 2017
11 hugs
given
Default Feb 07, 2019 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
You mentioned you recently started this program & you have a year left. You didn't mention how recently "recently" is. You also didn't mention what type of school it is you're attending or whether or not you can get some or all of your money back. So there are some unknowns here from my perspective.

In general, I would like to suggest that quitting may not be the best option. How all of these people you mentioned feel about you quitting isn't really relevant, to my mind. The fact you hate what you're studying certainly is though & it's something you need to deal with. (You do also need to consider how you'll feel about yourself afterward if you quit.) Quitting in general can become a habit. And not one that will serve you well as time goes by. So, to me, simply quitting should be your option of last resort.

One preferable option to just quitting would include transferring to another program either within the same school or another school if possible. Another idea would be to talk with your instructors or academic advisor about your situation & see if they can suggest some alternative programs or perhaps other types of jobs you might be able to get (other than what you're training for) if you go ahead & finish your program. Many types of training & skills can be transferrable to other kinds of employment beyond what you've actually studied. And there are probably other possibilities I haven't mentioned.

The important thing here, to my way of thinking, is to not simply quit the program you are in but rather to have a way forward mapped out before you leave the program you're in, if indeed that is what you decide to do. Simply quitting & then trying to figure out what to do next is, to me, the least desirable way to proceed & the one to be avoided as much as possible.
Good luck with making your decision though whatever it is.
I started the program one month ago. I do clinicals at the hospital for my program (I am not comfortable naming it on here) and the people I do clinical with tell me not to do it because the job market is terrible. I'm freaking out over it.
NeedHelp104 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote