View Single Post
hEALerCOol

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Feb 08, 2019 at 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
Getting into yelling matches with your mom is only using her way of unhealthy communicating and that's not something you should be engaging in as you may end up practicing that yourself in your own relationships which as you can see when it comes to your parents it's a terrible relationship and their environment is unhealthy. It's important that you make sure you don't see this as what is "normal" in a relationship either. Your parents are not communicating with each other, instead your mother just consistently yells at your father. In all honesty, this has been unhealthy for you in that you honestly don't know what a "healthy" relationship looks like, but instead constantly witnessed an unhealthy one instead.

I am thinking about a note for the refrigerator, "Thanks Mom and Dad, I am getting ready to go out in the world not even knowing what a HEALTHY relationship even looks like. I don't want to be the screamer in a relationship, I also don't want to be the one who gets constantly picked on and screamed at either. As a child it's a terrible envionment to grow up in".
Well I think my problem is I just can’t imagine my parents were once in love with each other. From what I can remember, I never saw them hug each other, kiss each other, and don’t even sleep in the same room like my whole life. And therefore, I always wonder if there’s really true love between two different people.
I never been in a relationship before, and i don’t blame it on them bc it might be my problem. Well I guess I have a lot to learn😝
hEALerCOol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes