Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 08, 2019 at 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hEALerCOol View Post
Well I think my problem is I just can’t imagine my parents were once in love with each other. From what I can remember, I never saw them hug each other, kiss each other, and don’t even sleep in the same room like my whole life. And therefore, I always wonder if there’s really true love between two different people.
I never been in a relationship before, and i don’t blame it on them bc it might be my problem. Well I guess I have a lot to learn😝
I went my growing up life not knowing what love felt like. Then I got married & still didn't know what love felt like. I was sure it was my problem but always wondered inside if what I felt was ALL there was to feelings in a relationship.

I left my marriage after 33 years & took my special dog with me (& brought 6 more after 6 months) It wasn't until I was away from the dysfunction & really connected with my dog that I started grasping what love felt like. From there, I felt like I could connect to people. I love the friends that I have made here. I am not in any romantic relationship because I wasn't divorced until last year due to financial issues) & I really needed to heal & to find out whether the not feeling emotional connections with others was me or those I had lived with all my life.

It was quite an enlightening experience to find out the issues weren't mine afterall but the people I lived around. Don't sell yourself short at your young age. You still have time to learn what love feels like...it took me 54 years to finally get there. You can get there too

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
hEALerCOol