View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

saidso has no updates.

5 yr Member
165 hugs
given
Default Feb 08, 2019 at 06:16 AM

I don't really know about this, but... if it was me, I would look for other nurses, and other Filipino nurses to coach me about the exam. That would be my first step, because these people know what goes down and they would fully understand feeling anxious about your investment in passing the exam.

I would narrow my focus to what I can control and block out worrying about the rest of it. I say this with full sympathy for what it represents to take a loan - but I'm sure that your parents trust that you are doing this in good faith and it's really not a huge amount of money to pay back at some time.

I would work really hard with my doctor on healthy lifestyle and medication.

I would practice taking small positive actions of empowerment in my life and give myself full credit . Many people here - including myself - have a default of panic and powerlessness that is no longer realistic now that we are adults.

Inner self talk: you passed your nursing degree already. You have shelter, food and what is necessary for life. You have sanity and physical health. Stand with your feet planted on the ground, look at nature around you and change your habit of focusing on the "whatifs". I've learned to stand in the present because however much we worry we don't know what is coming for the future.

Big hugs, and please ignore any of my comments that don't seem appropriate to you!

P.S. Do you love nursing? Studying for it is hard, and passing exams always gives other power in your life, but if you love something that is a big step forward already.

Saidso

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Peonie30