View Single Post
Anonymous57363

Default Feb 08, 2019 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
This happened to me many years ago but I just remembered it and thought I'd post it here.

I had just been hired to a position in an environment that turned out to be socially way beyond my depth. I was more miserable and lost by the day to the point I was apparently grinding my teeth all night and developed a horribly painful case of TMJ which is inflammation of the jaw.

I had never had this before and had no idea what was going on, so I called the advice nurse on my medical plan. She was so nice to me! I'm sure she was busy but she stayed on the phone with me for quite awhile, telling me that she'd developed the same thing when she was stressing out over her daughter's wedding, and assuring me ibuprofen would work on it. I said I didn't think it would and she reassured me that it definitely would if I took enough of it. The kindness, helpfulness, and friendliness in her tone was enough by itself to start me feeling better.

I thanked her a million times before hanging up, and sure enough what with that sweet nurse and lots of ibuprofen, before long I was as good as new.
What a wonderful truth you shared, Mopey! That's beautiful. And don't ever forget, even on your darkest days, that you deserve kindness
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote