Member Since Oct 2017
9,697 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 08, 2019 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
Thanks Travelinglady.

I just found out yesterday that y cat died from diabetic ketoacidosis -- untreated feline diabetes. I didn't know she even had diabetes because her regular checkup bloodwork didn't show that her blood sugar levels were off.

So I feel even worse now, knowing that had I caught her diabetes early enough I could have sought insulin shots and tablets to treat her condition with, along with a total diet change.

Thanks jayne. I did take great care of her, until she developed diabetes but unfortunately I didn't know her symptoms were from the diabetes until it killed her. Now that I know, I worry about how I would prevent diabetes from happening to any cats that I would adopt in the future.

I feel jut terrible knowing I could have saved her had I figured out her symptoms were from diabetes. I thought that her symptoms leading up to her sudden death were just due to her age; frequent urination, weight loss, etc. b/c older cats lose weight. I had no idea her body was not metabolizing the glucose in her canned cat food anymore that led to her getting feline diabetes.
I'm sorry to hear that your cat had diabetes
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote