View Single Post
Jeribelle2000

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Feb 09, 2019 at 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
Hi Jeribelle, welcome to PC.

I was going to ask you how old you are, but I can see you are retired and a grandmother. Sorry that you are struggling through these old memories like this. Have you been seeing a therapist at all?

I am plenty old, lol. I’ve seen a therapist off and on, not just the C-PTSD. Raped by brother when I was a teen, a lot of family issues. Periodically triggered by the Flying Monkeys, my sister in particular. Whenever she tries to reel me back in, seems to trigger me. It’s complicated having several sources of recurring trauma. Usually I function well enough. I just squirm mentally when triggers come out of nowhere. And the prom dress thing is just so stupid. I know that. I’ve moved on in my life. Think it’s the recent sibling crap underneath it all.

Working through a lot of things. Right now I’ve got my hands full with I’ll health, plus caring for my sick spouse. He had lung cancer surgery right before Christmas, and a lot of complications, back and forth to hospital, every test, procedure, surgery, complications. I’m doing everything here, got him home now. Good thing I have two machines for oxygen, because we ended up using my portable oxygen concentrator for him for a while. He’s stabilized now, but I sure don’t need the Flying Monkeys circling right now.
Jeribelle2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LifelongLoner, Open Eyes