View Single Post
AbladeintheMeadow

Member Since Jan 2016
180 hugs
given
Default Feb 09, 2019 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull&Crossbones View Post
I feel the same way. Although, I only have one person I feel comfortable talking to, but they're not a safe person to talk to...can't be myself, can't always say what's on my mind, can't hang out anymore because we used to be romantically involved and we aren't anymore.
I'm sorry this is your situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull&Crossbones View Post
I can imagine it actually. It's very unnatural to me. I don't want to be touched usually if I'm upset. At one time I might have wanted to be held and "truly cared for" (as though that's a thing that exists) but it was used as a weapon against me. As in, withholding affection to punish me I guess. So I'm not sure how one can trust affection from an attachment figure? If it's only when you "deserve" it, it makes it always a weapon.
I'm sorry affection has been used in this way. My experience is slightly different in that I had to ask for a hug or to hold hands which made it feel like it was never real. The only time any contact was volunteered was if there was an alterior motive (sex). I stopped asking. I stopped wanting to be intimate. & now there is nothing. I feel like there is a gaping hole in my chest which I try & stuff full of other things but they don't stop the hurt. The emptiness. The lonely.

Hugs from:
CepheidVariable, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
CepheidVariable, MickeyCheeky