View Single Post
Angie84
Angie84 has no updates.

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
Default Feb 09, 2019 at 05:20 PM

Hey, I'm looking for some advice. I currently attend a psychiatrist who is linked toy GP surgery (so I can't get a different one). She recently changed my antipsychotic medication and the new ones have made me feel elated, like really elated to where I can't stop talking to people and keep buying stuff and putting it on my credit card (bought a guitar yoday for example). I phoned my psychiatrist on Wednesday as although it's better than feeling suicidal, this is definitely not me, and I really can't afford to be buying stuff. She said although it might be an elated episode, it is more probably relief as my godmother's funeral had passed. I told her the symptoms were first noticed by my ex partner the morning of the funeral. I felt like talking to her was a waste of time so I asked the pharmacist who advised that feeling elated is a common side effect when starting this medication. This made me feel better, however I've just stopped taking them as I have no impulse control, and no one in my home life to help me, so I felt the only option is to stop them. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
Angie84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48690, Betty_Banana, MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky