View Single Post
Angie84

Member Since Jan 2019
1 hugs
given
Default Feb 10, 2019 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysChanging2 View Post
It’s my body and I know it well. You see a doctor for a few minutes and away you go dealing with whatever happens next to you all alone.

I know my behaviors and what I do and why (not that I have any control over what the others do)...., but if a medication changes affects me negatively, I will quit taking a drug without doctors permission of which I’ve done a many of times. If a drug is hurting or making me feel way out of sorts....then no. I’ve told doctors no, that I will not take a certain drug that failed me and to find something else. I pretty much wont take any a.p. After trying several in the past because they hurt. You see, I have to function and go to work everyday. I quit seriously because I slept for 22 hours for 3 days and made me feel like I was moving through honey.

So to me, you did the right thing.

There is a lawsuit against the makers of Abilify because it triggered its users to have compulsive gambling habits....true? Idk.

Antidepressants tend to trigger hypomania in me to where I do all things that you have described. Can you be bipolarish, too?
Thanks for your reply. The kind of mania I'm experiencing is similar to that of bipolar, but I already feel like it's easing just after 2 days of not taking them, not much but I think there is improvement. I'm still taking the antidepressants as I've been taking them for about a year and know not to stop taking meds suddenly if you've been on them for so long.

I just wish my psychiatrist believed in what I was saying. I also have a psychologist that I'm seeing on Tuesday, so I'm going to speak to her about it too.
Angie84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky