View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Feb 10, 2019 at 04:11 PM

So I thought I was going to stay away from a friend that I wanted to depart from. I did pretty good. I spent a week away from her but Thursday she was noticing and I caved. I figured I could do one lunch with her.

Ugh. She tells me.. get this... she lit her house on fire with discarding a cigerette and she was lucky to get home in time to put it out but her porch has been destroyed. Then, she refuses to call home insurance because, she caused it and she knows she could lose her insurance. Then she got a notice from the city that she has 30 days to get it fixed before her home is condemned.

- I struggled not to say, you are an idiot.

I kind of just got quiet because I had nothing to say. Nothing.

Later, another friend has a elderly mom. First, I hate that 10 years after I dealt with my elderly mom I have to listen to everyone else going on. But what I find, and get frustrated with is that they make their choices and then they want to complain about it. She chose to put her mom in non assisted living. To sell the house and use the money for that.

Why? It just discombobulated her mom.

She, like everyone I know with elderly parents, imho over do their concerns about their parents. Her mom doesn't have dementia. She just is bored and lonely and that is why she calls her daughter daily. I told her she has to stop running every time mom calls but she doesn't want to hear that. And is convinced that her mom needs to go into the hospital to find out what is wrong with her.

Long story short, I am so sick of hearing it. There is nothing wrong with mom! And, if there is, put her in assisted living.

Lately it seems that so many people around me have filled their lives with dramas of their own making that I can't get a word in edgewise. So tried of it. Seriously is there just an AI that will LISTEN to me and not already have a pre existing drama that I don't want to hear about?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Bill3, KD1980, MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes, Taylor27, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky