Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 11, 2019 at 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso2632 View Post
Hello. I've been inactive for quite some time. Lost internet due to no income. My wonderful boyfriend got a job just after Christmas and we are on our way to getting back on track. I go for my Cna recertification test on the 14 and I'm stressed and nervous to the core. I shouldn't be, I did the work for years. I even went online to brush up and found I really didn't forget everything!! So hopefully everything will be fine. Then to get uniforms, and find work..
I haven't dared to get on the scale. I lost a good amount of weight late fall and was proud of myself. Then I also quit drinking!! Super proud!! But with this test and future employment looming I've kinda been stress eating. Snacking. Grazing. Ugh. And I'm diabetic. So it sticks. I'm also off all the psych meds, surprisingly that combined with no more alcohol my head hasn't been this clear in years. I feel really good. Like really good. Except nerves about this test and finding work. Lol. Geez what a giant step this is for me. I've been reclusive since 2010 pretty much except a year I worked in 2013-2014. Other than that I was either to drunk or medicated to function. I'm glad I've made it this far. Sorry for the wall of text.
Glad to see you here. I do understand being drunk or too medicated to function and all too well. lol. Like you I am not drinking now or overly medicated any more and diabetic too-type 2. I don't know what Cna stands for but since you did the work for a long time you must know it well and will probably do very well with the recertification. Often we stress about things and worry ourselves half to death and then things turn out okay. It's been my experience at least. I hope you will come back and feel free to post all you want--we all do here.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,