Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2008
63 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 11, 2019 at 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefullyLost1211 View Post
You're welcome Daggy. Thank you for sharing your truth here. Not always easy to do. I think sharing our truths can be an important part of healing. I am so sorry that you went through cancer. I do not know what that feels like but I imagine it was very frightening and painful for you. Or still is? What's your current status, are you in remission? Or waiting to find out?

Were the products and pills you mentioned your efforts to deal with the ED or depression or both? I live with depression myself...been with me since very early childhood. Every person's experience of depression is unique but you certainly have my empathy. Anti-depressants never worked for me at all and produced unpleasant side effects so I've gotten very creative over the years with how I manage my low moods.

How about holistic healthcare? Are you open to that at all...at least to help take the edge off your depression? I find that it really helps me but some people get angry with me on PC when I mention it. I say each to their own but the older I get the more I find that traditional MDs only get us so far...and of course it depends on the issue we need help with. We need MDs for lots of things. And I also find that naturopaths (doctorate in naturopathy) and Traditional Chinese Medicine docs (PhD) have a lot to offer. My TCM doc got rid of my migraines and is helping me with anxiety and depression. I wonder if it would help you??

That certainly sounds complicated and frustrating for you to be married and connected and yet still not finding the sexual release you desire. I don't want to bother you with suggestions you may have heard a hundred times but I was wondering if you and your wife (or just you if you'd prefer) ever met with an experienced sex therapist? I had a friend who was struggling with sexual problems with her boyfriend (I don't know if he had ED but there was some sort of sexual barrier...she didn't mention details) and she told me that talking to a sex therapist really helped both of them.

I'll share a couple of links to threads I created. Just a couple of ideas...things that help me day to day with depression...and ideas I had to comfort people and provide a sense of connection. I am not trying to imply that these small things are cures or treatments as such but some of them are research-based (such as practicing daily gratitude). Feel free to join us on a couple of threads or not As I said, I know very little about ED but perhaps joining the threads could help with your sadness.

Be well!

What does your depression feel like?

Share some music that soothes or energizes you

Managing depression and anxiety without drugs

Remembering compliments to feel better

Gratitude?

52 Lists for Happiness

Share something nice that you did for someone

Something goofy to make you smile for a moment!

Research-based secrets of happiness from all over the world!
Thank you ever so much for all those links .very helpful.
I do see a therapist and she has referred me on for sex therapy..another chain in the cycle. .. I actually have friends that are into alternative and natural therapies which is a great help picking their brains for answers also.
But the more I get the more the cycle widens. And returns.
I have my second last cancer appointment on the 21st .so find out then if I have to wait another 6 months or if it's gone.
Life without coffee or alcohol or all those vices I used to have as well.

daggy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous57363