Magnate

Member Since Aug 2011
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 11, 2019 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackocean View Post
I think it’s the same with sexual exploitation of students by teachers/professors. It happens to a lot of people but there isn’t any organized community
I think this is a very good parallel. I work in a University setting (staff, not professor) and there is a huge amount of sexual exploitation of students. Male professors, and I suspect a few female professors as well. It happens a LOT and the wreckage that selfish professors leave behind is enormous. I was saddened to learn that a good friend of mine (female professor) recently asked some of her students to help her with something, and they kind of dropped the ball on the task and her response was to curse them out -- I could NOT BELIEVE what she said to them -- she freely admitted saying these vile things, knowing full well that she can never be fired because she has tenure and they're simply not going to get rid of her.

The power imbalance is huge and these students are in a learning setting and there are just so many parallels with toxic therapy.

Thanks for this!
blackocean, here today, Ididitmyway, Topiarysurvivor