View Single Post
redCanine3669

Member Since Feb 2019
397 hugs
given
Trig Feb 11, 2019 at 06:50 PM

today, mom woke me up to complain about something. she also threatened to evict me again. I only had 6 hours of sleep because of the loud music she was playing the other night. And her eviction threat, though it has little weight as always, still made me nervous an unable to sleep.
Possible trigger:

I feel that my poor social health might've been the issue. My mom is one of my only social connections, and she discriminates against me. It's not healthy for me to be around her, and today has proven that somewhat. I might feel better if I have other healthy social connections, or connections that don't prey on me.

I will talk with a therapist. I think a therapist would be a good healthy social connection. Therapists are expensive so he'll be a temporary hire. And he'll hopefully help me find friends and stuff.

I'm also thinking of joining a book club maybe. Joining groups will help me find others to communicate with. The communication would hopefully improve my social health.

At first, I thought that I could meet my communication needs online, but (1) not many people communicate with me online, (2) online communication hasn't been too healthy for me and sometimes made me feel more self-harmful, and (3) the value of online communication feels weaker as the distance from my recipients increase.

I would feel more secure when communicating with friends in my town rather than friends of another country, because the former makes me feel that there are more friendly people within my town; just like how my mom's discrimination makes me feel that other local people are discriminant.
redCanine3669 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote