Bill3
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2009
24.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 11, 2019 at 11:00 PM

Quote:
I have a tendency to post on these forums when my anxiety is at all-time highs, meaning I don't always feel strongly about the above topics.
It sounds like progress on the list of problems you have posted would benefit from more systematic, consistent steps.

You go to therapy once a month. You would like to go more, but it isn't affordable.

There are ways to get more regular "therapy". It isn't the same as regular therapy, but speaking in any safe format about what is on your mind can definitely help.

--making small posts here regularly and briefly, so that you have the chance to get specific, detailed, regular feedback
--calling a listening line (for example: Caring Contact - We're Here To Listen), where you can speak briefly but frequently, every day if you want to, with trained listeners.
--experimenting with free online counseling services, you could google that

You try to exercise once a week. I think more is needed to benefit therapeutically in a significant way.

So in general my point is that daily, or at least quite frequent, structured but limited efforts to support your mental health will be more effective and rewarding than things that are done once a month or when anxiety is ultra-high.
Bill3 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
aimlesshiker