View Single Post
Loial
El Psy Congroo

Member Since Aug 2014
4,690 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 12, 2019 at 07:29 AM

Just back from my appointment with the GP. They have referred me on which they said will take about 2 weeks.

They said that they thought given my history I shouldn’t stop suddenly. Suggested trying to cut back by a can of beer every few days until my referral comes through. I’m not sure if I can manage that... when I start drinking I’ll generally keep drinking what’s in the house.

They also gave me the number for a local charity that helps with alcohol and drug addictions. I had a look on their website and they do drop-in appointments 7 days a week. I’ll look into doing that soon.

At least things are moving forward. I really want this to work. I just hope I have the will power. On one level I most definitely want to quit but the allure of alcohol can be strong... I think I need to accept I can’t moderate my drinking. That has been my downfall over the past two years. I guess that’s what happens when you’re addicted.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson
Loial is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky