El Psy Congroo

Member Since Aug 2014
4,690 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 12, 2019 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimage View Post
Good for you for reaching out to your GP and making the appointment. I firmly agree with the position of just do not stop drinking suddenly. I've had 2 withdrawal seizures, and the DT's, as well as almost dying in a medical supervised withdrawal. At the level you're drinking it's nothing to mess around with.

I hope you're able to get professional help with detox and treatment. Self help groups can be a good source of support too, once you've detoxed. There's AA, which has the advantage of being just about everywhere. But if they're not your cup of tea, then there's also SMART recovery, an Secular Organization for Sobriety (SOS).

Remember to just take it one day, or one minute at a time.

splitimage
Wow that sounds scary. I’m glad you’ve managed to come through all of that ok.

Yes I think you’re right. Just one day at a time.

I’m not sure about self-help groups yet, as you say I need to take the initial steps to detox safely first. I suspect I’ll get info about those as part of treatment I get. Not sure how I’d feel about those, what with my anxiety and all but certainly something I’ll consider.

I’ll keep you guys updated as I hear more.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson
Loial is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky