View Single Post
guilloche
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 13, 2019 at 03:16 PM

Wow, the Sebern Fisher training sounds amazing! I really like her whole approach - and I wish there were more therapists who also used neurofeedback. The way that she describes it in the book makes so much sense, and I'd love to have one person to talk through things with and do training with.

The idea that NF brought up more vivid dreams is really interesting! That hasn't happened for me, but since I'm still struggling to figure out what my brain needs, I'm not surprised.

It's been a bit rough here. It felt like those first couple of trainings had such a great effect, but that's wearing off, and I'm back to struggling with a lot of depression and tiredness. And headaches. Not fun.

I talked to my NF guy (he's actually a neuroscientist, not a T, so we don't really dive into T-stuff) last week and got a new protocol, but he encouraged me to let him know if there was any weirdness, and to not repeat it if it didn't feel good.

This time there were two parts, so I did C3-A1 for a bit, then C4-A1. The C3-A1 made me sick while I was doing it, though I felt better after C4-A1. It helped lift some depression... but since it had made me sick, I asked him, and he had me lower the frequency on that part, and increase the time with C4.

So, I did the revised version yesterday, and I'm still struggling. I'm starting to wonder what it's supposed to feel like, because I just don't seem to feel *good*, ever, when I wrap up. The C4 stuff helps, I'm sure, but again, anything positive has worn off. I woke up with a headache and being really tired, despite getting some extra sleep last night, and actually ended up napping a bit at lunch

Stuff with actual T isn't going really well for me either. I'm a really difficult/terrible T-patient (part of why I'm trying NF!) and we really just... don't seem to be able to get on the same page. I like her, and she likes me, and we keep trying - but as she says, there's this sense of *awkwardness* between us, even after a year and a half. So, that's also making me feel a bit sad right now.

Anyway, I'm trying to stay positive. I know that, especially with the trauma background, it can take a while to figure out what works for NF. I think I'm mostly just frustrated b/c the good effects at the beginning were SO helpful, and really want to get those back.
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote