View Single Post
WastingAsparagus
Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 13, 2019 at 05:37 PM

I think people don't just tell others not to commit suicide simply because it's illegal. People tell others not to commit suicide because they are aware of what one would be giving up if one were to go through with that! Also as someone else mentioned, think of the friendships given up! There's a major difference between people not recommending a course of action simply because it's illegal and not recommending a course of action because they profoundly wish the one who is suffering will realize that life is most likely worth living. Think about it the other way, I mean, people don't prevent themselves from committing suicide simply because it's illegal. It's because they're profoundly unhappy (for a moment or more) that they follow through with it. So, on the flip side, it seems to me like life can offer a lot, so it makes sense to not give into thoughts or whatever of suicide. Like, really, I could get into the philosophical debate about suicide but honestly, none of that matters. I think what matters is that suicide ends consciousness, and that's the problem with it. I mean, ending consciousness is less desirable than staying conscious, in my opinion. Seriously, just food for thought. Diving into the unknown is very scary for me, personally. I know going through stuff like this is hard. I've been there myself...
WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40127

Thanks for this!
Marylin