Kate King

Member Since Mar 2013
28 hugs
given
Default Feb 13, 2019 at 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
I hate it, it's a constant battle.

I don't purge anymore as of the past three month (after 6 years of it, so I'm proud to have stopped that) but I still struggled with the bingeing so I reverted to restricting.

I try to hang on to the restricting side and convince myself since I'm not bingeing or purging that I'm doing well but I'm just lying to myself because I don't want want to admit that I'm still engaging in ED behaviors and lose control that I feel from not eating. When I binge I feel horrible about myself, completely disgusted and numb and when I purged I felt horrible about that too, and scared because I started learning about the health issues that can arise from it. I completely screwed up my teeth due to acid erosion and now have Silent GERD from the years of purging. Not huge problems, although frustrating, but I feel lucky that that's all I have and have somewhat escaped the worse dangers of it. Many people end up with much more serious health problems, and even die from it. It's not a way to live, whether bingeing/purging and or restricting. It consumes your life.

I am fighting everyday to get well, some days are better than others. Right now the biggest problem is the internal battle where I don't let myself eat when I'm hungry or not anywhere near enough, even though my body wants food more than anything because I'm depleting it nutritionally.

OMG I cannot BELIEVE that someone else is going through EXACTLY what I am. Because my B/P is so bad, I end up restricting to not B/P, which is then just as bad and essentially the same thing. So a "good" day for me is a day that I (just) restrict and don't B/P. So any way I look at it, I'm failing. Which I then beat myself up about, which then spirals me into a full out B/P. AGHHH. I am now 11 yrs into this (first 5 years over-exercising, restricting, and laxatives, last 6 yrs no exercising or laxatives, but B/P and restricting). "Rock bottom" is every single freaking day. I'm still searching for help, but when it comes down to it, I've just resided to given in to the sickness b/c it's easier mentally/emotionally to deal with the demon of the disorder than the demons in my head. Honestly, I can't imagine managing/getting through my life without the ED.
Kate King is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ShaggyChic_1201

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird