View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 14, 2019 at 05:30 AM

I didnt realize this was a high school thing and not higher ed. Please consider alternative school or another type of school for someone with emotional issues. I know you think a GED is an equivalent but its not. My daughter ran away last March and stopped going to school with the same thought process. She had stopped her bipolar meds and gotten involved in partying. She had moved in with this girl who's mother was ok with her daughter and mine doing these things. She almost didnt graduate. She came home after they kicked her our and went inpatient. She managed to power through all the work that was left and graduated this past December. Now that she has clarity she is SO thankful she didn't quit. And she could have because she was 18. I know a GED sounds good and you might find slanted info online that it is but I promise you-if you ever think you may want to go further in any way with your education- its not so easy without a diploma. And complacency is so easy to fall into once the ball is in your court. You may think its "just a test" and put it off. Its a lot harder to go back to it once you do not have a requirement to do it. And it is not an easy test to pass.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, sadveiledbride

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, sadveiledbride