Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
74.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 14, 2019 at 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healed84 View Post
LT- as much as you may doubt this now, I think your t is a good mixture of hard-***/but compassionate and that I think is the kind of t you need. He at the same time can understand your transference (I think he really gets it) and affirms those feelings, but keep boundaries and not become enmeshed as he noted you and mc seemed to get tangled in. I think consciously or not you sense that from him, and you get afraid and want to find another t who you may feel you have a little more control over, or somebody who seems a little more “emotional.” If you are going to stick with therapy I really think current t is the right guy. I think you two will do great work together. However, as always just another opinion take it or leave it

Thanks. I'm actually thinking lately that you're right--that he is the kind of T I need. I think he definitely understands the transference/attachment better now than when I first started seeing him (but kinda wish he had more background in it). I think I realize that he may be completely what I *want* in a T, but he's what I *need* in a T. Hm, maybe talking to that other T helped me realize that...
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
healed84