Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,101 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 15, 2019 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefullyLost1211 View Post
Will, I am sorry if my Valentine's message made you feel badly. I was actually sending out Valentine's messages to folks on PC to send love and support of the non-romantic, non-sexual kind.

I do not believe that loving a friend, son/daughter, sibling, parent, neighbor is of any less value than loving a sexual/romantic partner. Society tells us that having a romantic partner is the top goal but why? There are reasons for that which I won't get into here but in reality it has nothing to do with romantic love actually being more important.

That said, I was hoping to put a smile on your face when I sent you a Valentine...to make to feel connected and cared for. Not to remind you of Society's obsession with the quest for romantic love. I am sorry if it came across differently Peace to all

It wasn't you that made me feel bad about Valentines Day at all. I was making a point about how I feel about Valentines Day. Others had said that they were alone, and I felt very much the same way. Overall, I didn't feel bad that much yesterday.

You are correct about society saying that you should have that special someone on that day. And that was something I wasn't too crazy about. For comfort yesterday I read about why people hate Valentines Day and I had to agree with the points. A couple of writers were saying that Valentines Day can do more to destroy relationships than to enhance it. I think I agree with it.

I appreciated you sending me a little private message yesterday. It made me feel pretty good.
will19 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous57363