View Single Post
Anonymous57363

Default Feb 15, 2019 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadveiledbride View Post
School is extremely hard to the point where I'd rather end my life than get out of bed and do it every day. I believe I have the option to drop out, but I doubt my parents would support me in this decision. Does anyone have any advice on getting my motivation back up and doing better in school? Thanks.
Oh SadVeiledBride, I am so sorry you are feeling awful I've been there! This does not sound like a motivation issue to me. It sounds like you need prompt help with managing depression. Have you been diagnosed? Are you receiving any therapy? Generally it is not a good idea to make major life decisions while we are severely depressed...correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you are currently severely depressed. Of course trying to study on top of that would feel awful for you. You certainly may need a break while you receive some therapy but I would encourage you to hold off a while from making big decisions about your education. You are not currently in higher ed, do I have that right? You are a minor in high school...did I understand correctly?

Please talk to your local doctor, with or without your parents, about a referral to a child psychologist who specializes in depression. If you ever feel overwhelmed by suicidal ideation, or start to develop a plan, please seek urgent care at the hospital or call a depression crisis line.

I wish you peace and a bright future! You deserve it!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, sadveiledbride

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, sadveiledbride