View Single Post
redCanine3669

Member Since Feb 2019
397 hugs
given
Default Feb 15, 2019 at 12:47 PM

well I'm going to shower. I don't dedicate much resources to hygiene. And showering is more vigorous and consuming because mom expects me to clean the bath tub every time I shower.

I can probably take a shower at a gym instead, but that's a waste of money. I give her some 400$ to live here, so I should be able to use the resources.

I can probably have quicker showers to make sure I'm not wasting my time. I'm going to aim for 25 minutes of showering and 5 minutes of cleaning.

I honestly don't see how showering or bathing is important for my health much, but it does affect my social health a bit; as I worry less about my body odor when around people at shops and libraries. my library has a written rule where a person can't be in a library if his body odor repels others; and I honestly feel it's a ridiculous rule, but just an example of how some local communities and societies could be discriminating against people and the homeless.

outside of social health, I guess showering helps keep insects and animals away from me. I don't feel secure walking pass a dog, and feel less secure when I walk pass a dog with my poor body odor. Even during the summer and warm weather, flies would harass me if I wasn't taking frequent showers. I have a fear of flies, linked to my childhood. Even mosquitoes are attracted to body odor, and so I can avoid mosquito bites and their diseases simply by showering.

I also feel more confident exercising, after showering. I guess that's because I don't have to worry about sweat worsening my poor body odor or the scent of my clothes. I don't even feel comfortable wearing clean clothes when I don't shower, because I'd feel that the clean clothes would get dirty too quickly.

Now I guess showering is important for me.
redCanine3669 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote