here today has no updates.

10 yr Member
1,429 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 15, 2019 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

Are you seriously saying that because of this one thread and a few people you do not feel safe to post about what is important to you? I think I am missing something... are dissenting opinions indictative of lack of support? I think here, like anywhere you are bound to run into perspectives that do not align with your own. I do not look at differences of opinions = unsafe. if that were the way the world operates then no one is safe. I see people here who might want to brush up on their warm and fuzzy bits but I did not get the impression that it demonstrates a lack of support. I feel like sometimes victims (myself included) are so desperate for that connection to other people who have dealt with the same thing or people that feel the same, that we often immediately get ruffled the minute we feel invalidated. I do not believe anyone on this thread and an intention to invalidate anyone. I think its important to give equal weight to those that have opinions like mine and those that don't Some of the most important lessons I have learned have been from people that I thought were misunderstanding me or mean. Very often the written word is confusing that way. I do not think a thread should exclude dissenting opinions or stories. I feel like if a thread is started and the only thing that the OP or other like-minded people want is unconditional, unwavering, unquestioning support that it should either be made clear from the very first OP or maybe a group should be started. I would say I fall somewhere in the middle of both viewpoints on this thread.
I don't feel that way myself, but I've seen on here that, yes, there are people who really feel that way. It's different from the way I am, mostly, but if that's where they're at, that's where they're at.

I personally like to read different viewpoints but it's becoming clear to me that people insisting on their own viewpoint only, doesn't get us much of anywhere. Which is sad, because TopiarySurvivor introduced an important topic, that keeps getting sidetracked.

To me, part of healing is learning to tolerate different opinions. Some people are just too hurt, maybe, to do that? -- if that's the case then that's the case.

But I really hate to see important discussions like TopiarySurvivor started out with derailed like this.

Call me a self-righteous idealist, or something else, I can take it.

Thanks for this!
DP_2017, koru_kiwi, stopdog