View Single Post
blackocean

Member Since Aug 2018
28 hugs
given
Default Feb 15, 2019 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

Yes I HAVE ptsd. There is no one way of dealing with it. I didn't think I had to label myself as such in order to have an opinion that is worthy. I do not feel unsafe here. I see different opinions and experiences here and I do not necessarily agree- but I feel they are allowed to be voiced. In fact- if you feel like I need to prove I am ptsd-y enough to participate in this thread I, for the very first time EVER- shared about an assault by a doctor in one of the therapy/exploitation threads. I do not know what came over me but I felt like I could get it out into the open. I have been with my husband 25 years and not even HE knows about it. I have never brought it up. Not everyone with PTSD feels it the way you do. Not everyone is triggered the way you are. While I think there are more sensitive, less dismissive ways to say things here, I still choose to participate. If I was that triggered I wouldn't. I got into it with a specific member here who is very unstable and mean and it floored me. But then I realized its an internet forum and some are sicker than others. So I do not post in that person's threads and avoid all interaction with them. They definitely make me feel unsafe.

I can see how it would hurt your feelings but I personally wouldnt call it damaging or give that much power to people on an internet forum.

I do not share the opinion of what you mentioned above.

No one said you have to talk about anything. I was just wondering why it felt unsafe.

“If I was that triggered I wouldnt”—exactly, this is what I am saying. You asked me why I would feel unsafe with “different opinions” being offered about my traumatic experience and here I am saying that in this case the opinions triggered me and I would not want to open my own post up to this because I don’t feel safe being that vulnerable in a place where “anything goes and toughen up buttercup” at the moment. I used the word “triggered” and you ask “why do you feel unsafe? Cant you handle different opinions?” when clearly you know what a trigger is and what makes triggers unsafe...., I said similar debate ensuing around my trauma would trigger me so i would not share here, so why are you bothering me about this and lecturing me on the importance of hearing other opinions if you know what being triggered is like?

I’m sorry about the doctor also, that’s horrible.

Thanks for this!
Ididitmyway, stopdog