View Single Post
Anonymous40127

Default Feb 16, 2019 at 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticello View Post
You don't want to be House, lonely chemist. He was an angry, drug addicted sadist and only a character in a TV show. Now it would be fun to be Hugh Laurie, who is a great actor and seems to be a nice guy. All the knowledge you have, you earned. Nobody else put that in your head. And I bet you know a lot more than you think you do. It's OK if you don't save the world. No one person could. I used to want to, also, and it made me frustrated and depressed. It took me decades to break out of my "Mother Theresa Complex" and realize that I could help my own world instead. In my case, it was the people around me. But it could be the local environment, the local animals, or whatever.
I don't mean to be preachy, I hope I don't come off like that. But I remember going through similar stuff when I was younger and it still comes up for me sometimes. So I am thinking about you and sending you good vibes (very 60's stuff).
Well it's arguable House wasn't a hero. In my own opinion he is. But I completely agree with you about him being only a character. But he's relatable regardless. I was born very smart. Brilliant. I am only a shadow of what was once of me. Around age of 4-5 I started showing symptoms of brain damage.

I'd love to help anyone. But unfortunately since I turned 18 I've lost interest in most things. I don't know what to do. I am receiving help but it's not much useful.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MtnTime2896