View Single Post
dannypk16

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Feb 16, 2019 at 06:02 AM

I tend to read articles about psychopathy, sociopathy and narcissism because I feel represented by them, there are lots of similarities in the symptoms of these that I could relate to myself, and when you feel connected or related with something you want to read it. It's like people who do personality tests for fun or to discover themselves, you know it's kinda pointless spending time doing it, but you have fun and while doing it, you discover more of yourself.

However, I never read articles such as "am I dating a psychopath/sociopath/narcissist?" or articles that make psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists look like real demons. No, they're not evils. Psychopaths didn't choose to be like this. Sociopaths grew up and became the monster society wanted them to be. Narcissists feel they're gods for some reason. Sometimes empathetic people are less empathetic than non-empathetic people. The main reason it's a topic so writen about is because they cause problems in peoples' lives, be it through manipulation or by becoming serial killers, when you think of a cruel, who's also a serial killer and has blood in his/her hands, you immediately think of a psycho or sociopath. When someone abuses of you, he's immediately a psychopath, sociopath or a narcissist - but has anyone ever talked or been interested in knowing the reasons why they actually are like this? No, we're only preocuppied in throwing stereotypes, labels and ruining that persons' reputation for no reason. If you've got suspicions that the person you're dating could be a psycho, sociopath or narcissist, go to therapy, don't read an article and pretend (s)he's any of these, because s(he) could simply be a manipulative person, or a jerk, or whatever.

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady