Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2012
129 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 16, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside8 View Post
No way am I seeing anyone else. What’s the best way to respond, to ensure I hope her well and that I’ll be fine without seeing anyone else?
How do I also get through waiting for the unknown? 😤
Highly unlikely this is the result of a T trying to pass you to someone else.

But why foreclose your options without even exploring them? Perhaps your recent breakthrough is *shocked gasp* due to you, and has little to nothing to do with the T?

I'd encourage you to take the names, give them a call, see if you want to move forward to the next stage and meet with one or more of them.

When I switched T's 2 years into it, for a boring and non traumatic reason, I thought I'd have to do all this backstory, but I didn't. I just went and said "this is where I am and this is what I'd like to work on." I see no reason why you can't hand the document off to a new person and take it from there. Could be a fun experiment to see how it feels with a different T. Even though I've seen my current T for a decade, save a session with a consulting T and a few sessions when he was out on sick leave for a few months, I think (hard to know what you'd do until you are there) the minute he retires, I'm signing up another one, assuming I still want therapy at the time. Even now, I would definitely miss him if I couldn't see him any more, but I think the world of T's is wide and finding more than one that is useful to work with is pretty likely. Especially if she, like your current T, knows them and is making a specific recommendation.

This is me, but I wouldn't put my progress on hold to wait for a sick T, if I could find someone else I wanted to work with. I don't have intense transference issues, but I do think T's like doctors are pretty interchangeable. And I've enjoyed and benefitted from seeing other T's when mine was out. Popped me out of my familiar zone and allowed me to look at things more deeply.
Anne2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight