View Single Post
noonereally

Member Since Feb 2019
5 hugs
given
Default Feb 16, 2019 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
Hi, noonereally, and welcome to Psych Central! I can relate to a lot of what you said. One of my parents was narcissistic and I think the other had something like dependent personality disorder. I wasn't supposed to tell anybody bad things about my life either.

I was able to leave home, though--and I've spent years in therapy. I was told not to live very close to my parents.

I hope you'll be back soon, because I think we can be helpful and supportive.

Again, welcome!
thanks. do you think it's possible to get to a point where you're ok without therapy?

and yeah i've heard it's best to stay far away from your parents and not speak to them but at the same time i feel like weird. like i feel bad for my mom and i don't want to never talk to her again. i sort of see her as two different people, in a way. one that;s my poor mom that i want to be nice to, and the other that's evil and ruined my life. have you ever felt like that too about either of your parents? anyway i just gotta figure out a way to get out of here and get away from them...

thanks. i hope my replies are working, i'm not sure how to use this site yet honestly..
noonereally is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky