Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Feb 16, 2019 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty shades View Post
Thank you Mickey Cheeky and Skeezyks.

I guess my post (I am) asking why the world compels us to be useful and be a part of it. People with serious physical disabilities are accepted for who they are.

We have mental and emotional disabilities but are viewed by society to be responsible for our own health problems. I have often heard the term "those kind of people."

I and I am sure everyone else did not decide to be this way.

Have a good day and people think you are a liar.
A bad day at best you are moody and odd.
A ugly day and you are a complete nuisance and a waste of space. You are using valuable health care resources that a more deserving person could have used.

We are not understood...
Then we get more ill and isolate further...
Well... I don't know the answer to this. Perhaps it goes back to the species' earliest development. For many eons anyone who couldn't pull their weight, so to speak, was a burden & perhaps even a potential threat to the tribe. A person with an obvious physical disability would, perhaps, have been given a pass. But you can't see a psychological disability. So it's easier to dismiss it. At least that's what occurs to me. (I'm not very good at these kinds of theoretical conundrums.) But I do agree with your assessment of the way people with psychological disabilities are treated. It's part of why I simply prefer to be left alone.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Thirty shades

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, mote.of.soul, Thirty shades